For as long as I have been married, I have been making dahi wadas for holi. They are easy to eat and they give a refreshing feeling in the heat. This recipe is one of the easiest versions and is 100% mom-approved 🙂
Dahiwada is a delicacy made from dal wadas along with curd. This is relished mostly by everyone.
Preparation Time:- 7 hours | Cooking Time:- 45 mins | Makes:- 15 wadas
- 250 gm white urad dal/skinless urad dal
- 1 kg whisked curd
- Bhuna jira powder/ Roasted cumin powder
- Red chilli powder/ Lal mirch powder
- Green coriander/Dhaniya
- Imli chutney ( optional)
- Soak white urad dal for 5 – 6 hours.
- Grind it to fine paste.
- Make wadas out of the paste.
- Soak them in water and squeeze them, keep aside
- Now take whisked curd,add salt & red chilli powder.
- Place these wadas in a plate.
- Pour the curd on top of wadas. It tasted better with cold curd.
- Decorate with red chilli powder, bhuna jira powder, garnish with green coriander.
You can add imli chutney also ,that’s optional.