We all love pickles. As there are so many types of pickles , at times it is very difficult to choose your favourite one. My favourite pickle is nimbu mirchi achar, the recipe of this pickle is a legacy I inherited from my mother, who is no more but whenever I make this pickle, it is in my fondest remembrance.
Preparation time 20 – 25 days approximately
- Half kg nimbu /lemon
- Half kg green chillies
- 100g methidana / fenugreek seeds
- 100g saunf / fennel seeds
- 100g kalonji / onion seeds
- 1tsp Red chilli powder
- 1tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 100g rai / mustard seeds
- Coarsely grind the whole spices.
- Cut lemon into 8 pieces, cut green chillies into half, mix all spices with lemon & green chillies.
- Mix the spices well. Now put this achar/pickle in glass jar.
- Add vegetable oil till lemon & chillies are well dipped. Now regularly keep the achar in the sun for 20- 25 days.
Your achar is ready.
Hope you will enjoy this pickle as my family does. My daughter likes this one with salt, mint and red chilli powder paratha the most. Try it and let me know how you find this.