Saakhein or namakpare are delicacies made during festivals, like Diwali,Holi.I have my fondest memories as my both daughters used to just love it, enjoying it a lot, so here we go ,as I share this wonderful recipe with all of you.
Preparation time 30 minutes | Serves 4
- 2cups all purpose flour/ maida
- 3tbsp oil for moin
- 2 tsp Ajwain seeds
- 2 tsp Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Knead maida/ all purpose flour with moin , Ajwain seeds and salt to a medium hard dough ( not very hard nor soft ). Like we make for Poori
- Now make balls out of the dough.
- Roll out these balls & cut them into long strips
- Deep fry them in medium flame till golden brown.
- Allow them to cool.
- We can store these upto a week , now your saakhein / namak pare are ready to eat.