Black eyed beans / Raungi as we called in Punjabi have very nutritive value. As they have a different taste and last not the least they have such a beautiful look, & are very tempting . They go very well with jira rice as well as chapatis.
Here goes the recipe along with the ingredients
Preparation time – 20 minutes | Serves – 4
- 250 GM’s blackeyed beans / Raungi
- 2 onions chopped
- Ginger garlic paste
- 3 tomatoes grated
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp dhania powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak black eyed beans overnight. Put them in pressure cooker and add 2cuos of water. Take 4-5 whistles and then open the lid. Keep aside.
- Now take oil in pan , add chopped onions saute them well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and put all the dry spices mentioned above. Add grated tomatoes , fry well till the masala leaves oil .
- Put this in the cooked black eyed beans and bring it to good boil.
Your dish is ready to serve with hot chapati & jira rice.
Enjoy this dish as I do.