Paratha to Punjabis is like Chole was made for bhature, perfect for each other. Paratha is a stuffed bread with filling of your choice.
There are many parathas but in all of them Aloo parathas are undoubtedly loved & relished by everyone. These parathas are the best breakfast in Punjabi family with dollops of butter and of course pickle or achaar.
Even in my family like others everybody is fond of these parathas.So hrer is the recipe of aloo paratha
Preparation time– 30 minutes | Serves- 3
- 5 – 6 boiled potatoes
- 3-4 chopped green chillies
- 2big sized chopped onions
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2tsp amchoor powder / dry mango powder
- 3cups wheatflour
- 6tbsp oil
- Knead the wheat flour in a soft dough.
- Mash the boiled potatoes well & add all spice alongwith onions & green chillies. Mix them well.This is the filling for the paratha.
- Now make small balls of the dough. Fill in this filling & roll out in paratha.
- Shallow fry the paratha applying oil on both sides.
Your paratha is ready enjoy with dollop of butter &achaar/ any pickle. You can also make it ahead and re-cook on the tava and serve hot.