Masala chicken dry is a delicacy with fragrance of whole spices & is very tempting. This is my husband Lalit Puri’s recipe ,so this dish is dedicated to him. First time I relished this dish I remember just after my marriage ,about 30 yrs ago.From then this has been my favourite.
- 1 kg chicken
- 4-5 onions cut in juliens
- 3 green chillies deseeded juliens
- 3/4 cup whisked curd
- 3tbsp heated mustard oil
- Masala to be soaked- Add about 1/2 cup water ans soak these
- 8 cloves
- 8 black pepper corns
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 fennel seeds
- 1.5 tsp red chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp dhania powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2,tsp ginger garlic paste
- Heat oil in handi. Cook onions & green chillies till golden brown., add soaked masala and fry them well.
- Add chicken and cook till tender.
- Add whisked curd ,keep on stirring well ,let the masala dry
- Accordingly keep on adding water, to make as dry or with gravy as you like.
.Your chicken is ready , you can serve hot with lachcha paratha or plain chapati