Rajma Chawal /Rice is loved by all from child to an adult everyone enjoys this delicacy. Rajma / kidney beans are made from all the similar spices used in any other curry ,but I make it in a different way by using whisked curd. I had eaten this delicacy after my marriage in my in laws place for the first time. Form then onwards I prepare rajma as it was taught to me by my mom in law.This dish is dedicated to her, as now she is no more but whenever I cook this dish I find her beside me .
Preparation time – 30 minutes | Serves – 4
- 2 cups rajma soaked overnight
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of asafoetida / heeng
- 2 tsps ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2cups whisked curd
- Boil rajma with turmeric powder, heeng & salt , cook till rajma is tender.Mash them little with a masher.
- Mix whisked curd with the rajma & add water also. Boil well.
- Now take oil in pan add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, fry little ,now add this tempering to the rajma and boil well. Now rajma / kidney beans is ready to serve hot with steamed rice.
Enjoy this new taste of rajma , I am sure you will enjoy as we do .