Kachori are one of the favourite snacks of North India. You can find kachoris with different filling i.e. potatoes, green peas, besan / gramflour, moong dal, urad dal, and much more. Today I shall share my recipe of Besan kachori which I learnt from my mom, to whom I dedicate this dish. These are the savouries prepared in festivals as Holi & Diwali too. So here we start
Preparation time – 45 minutes
Makes 20 – 25 pieces
- 1/2 kg all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp for moim
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the filling
- 2cups besan / gram flour
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- Apinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp amchoor / dry mango powder
- Knead the dough ingredients into a medium soft dough.
- When the dough is kneaded make small balls out of it & roll them as shown in picture
- Roast the above ingredients to light brown and it should be absolutely dry. When done sprinkle very little water in it. Now this is the filling of the kachori.
- Now fill this in rolled out dough ,form into a kachori & deep fry on a medium heat to light brown and crisp.
These can be served with green chutney, imli chutney & with whisked curd.
Enjoy kachori with or without chutney as you please.