Moongodi / Moong wadi as it is popularly known are made of yellow moong dal lentils. They are a delicacy in U.P.which are made in weddings also.As I myself being an Upite just relish these moongodi very much, whereas no one in my family enjoys it as I do. They are teamed up with potatoes ,& green peas. These are enjoyed with steamed rice.”Moongodi chawal is in one of the menu in an U P wedding.
Here the recipe of moongodi goes
Preparation time – 20 minutes | Serves – 4
- 2- 3 potatoes cut in big cubes
- 2 tomatoes freshly made puree
- 10 -15 moongodis
- 1/2 tsp jira/ cummin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dhania powder
- 1cup green peas
- A pinch of garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- Take oil in cooker , first fry the moongodis & take them out in kitchen tissue.
- Now add jira/ cummin seeds, & tomato puree ,fry well
- Add all spices, alongwith potatoes , green peas & fried moongodis.
- Close the lid if cooker & take 4 whistles. Open & add garam masala . Serve hot with steamed rice & enjoy as I do .