Cholley / Chickpeas are North Indian favourite dish that is relished by each & everyone across the country. Puris made of whole-wheat flour or Bhature made of all purpose flour compliment each other very well.This is an awesome brunch for any family which goes very well with onion salad & mango pickle. It is really very mouthwatering & filling too. So here I start sharing my recipe of Cholley today.
Preparation time 30 minutes | Serves – 4
- Cholley/ Chickpeas 250 GM’s
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp tea leaves
- 1/2 tsp amchoor powder / dry mango
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3fresh tomatoes puree
- Salt to taste
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Soak cholley overnight. Now put them in pressure cooker add 4 cups water, tea leaves,turmeric powder & salt and take 6 whistles ,put off the flame & mash them a little with masher.
- Now take oil in pan. Add tomato puree ,red chilli powder, amchoor powder stir well and add the hslf mashed cholley. Bring them to a good boil your Cholley are ready to be served either with puris or bhaturas.
- Enjoy them hot with onion salad & pickle too.
- For bhature
- Take 2 cups of maida, add little salt. Put 3 tbsp curd,pinch of baking powder. Knead into a soft dough.
- Keep it aside for 5 – 6 hours. Now roll out into small puris,deep fry them &prepare bhature.
Do let me know the taste when you prepare from my recipe.