Paratha, as I had mentioned earlier are of many types. Myself being a Punjabi have weakness for parathas.,any sort of paratha can be liked by me ,be it paneer, aloo, onion, or any . The recipe I am sharing today is matar paratha. Paratha with the filling of matar or green peas. So let me share my recipe with all of you.
- 1cup boiled peas , slightly mashed
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 2chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dhania powder
- A pinch of garam masala
- 2tbsp oil for filling
- 5tbsp oil for parathas
Above picture shows the filling of the paratha.
- Take oil in pan ,add chopped onions and fry a little
- Add all spices, salt & mashed boiled peas
- Toss well & add garam masala , put off the flame. Keep filling aside, allow to cool.
- Knead the flour in medium texture.
- Now accordingly take a small ball from the kneaded flour , fill in the filling ,roll out parathas & shallow fry the parathas
Serve hot with butter or curd as you wish .I love to have it with curd.
Hope you shall enjoy peas paratha.