Dahi chicken / Curd chicken is a delicacy of non veg in which ,it us very obvious as it’s name main ingredient is curd & of course chicken. This is my husband’ s recipe. Onions are not used in this recipe ,yet the flavours of other spices come out very well,which gives a very different aroma to the chicken.
Let us start
Preparation time – 1 hour | Serves – 3
- 750 gms chicken
- 1 cup whisked curd
- 1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 5 fresh tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp dhania powder
- 1 tsp cummin seeds
- A pinch of powdered garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying chicken
- 2tbsp oil
- Fry the chicken to light golden brown.
- Take 2 tbsp oil from this oil only in a handi, now add ginger garlic paste & fry it golden brown.
- Add all the spices ,fry a little, put the fresh tomato puree, cook well.
- Add chicken to it after 5 minutes add the whisked curd. Cook till chicken is tender , adjust the gravy accordingly.Sprinkle a pinch of powdered garam masala. Serve hot with lachcha paratha & enjoy the lovely flavours of the chicken as I did.