Today the recipe I am sharing is one of my favourite dish , these are Punjabi masala vadiyan. We usually get them in Punjab, full of spices, made of white urad dal, with black pepper, Red chilli powder, salt, fennel seeds ,& many other spices.
They look like the above picture, full of aroma & lovely flavours. Here goes the recipe
Preparation time – 20 minutes | Serves- 4
- 2 vadiyan crushed little
- 2 potatoes cut in medium cubes
- 3. fresh tomato paste
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1.4 tsp dhania powder
- A pinch of garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- First take oil in cooker. Add the vadiyan, fry them till brown & take them out.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, fresh tomato paste & all spices, fry the well .
- Add potatoes, boiled peas,vadiyan, 2cups water, & take 3 whistles close the flame of gas. Your vadiyan are ready.
Enjoy my favourite dish with steamed rice.