Many times there are left over idlis after the meal. Here is a quick recipe to make it more interesting.
Preparation time – 30 minutes | Serves – 3
- 10 idlis
- 6-7 curry leaves – cut
- 2 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp mustard seeds/rai
- 1 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- red chilly powder and salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Cut the idlis and keep aside.
- In a non stick pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds and urad dal. Let the dal become golden.
- Now add the curry leaves and spices.
- Toss in the idli and splash some water if needed.
- Leave it on slow heat for sometime so that it can get crisp on one side if you like.
- Put some lemon juice and serve hot.