Spiced Oats Chass or Buttermilk is very soothing, refreshing,for all of us. As it is prepared easily & is easy to digest also.
Here goes the recipe
- ½ cup Oats (preferably instant / quick cooking)
- ½ cup thick, plain Yogurt (Curd)
- 2 Green chilli (1 for less spicy)
- 1 teaspoon Grated Ginger
- Handful of fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
- ½ Lemon Wedge
- 1 cup Water
- Add oats to plain yogurt. Mix well and let it rest for 30 minutes
- To a mixer, add mint, chili, ginger.Grind it smoothly.
- Add the oats-yogurt mixture. Blend until you have a smooth mixture
- Add to a mixing bowl along with the water, salt and squeeze some lemon juice. Mix well
- Pour into glasses. Add an ice cube if required & serve!
- Green chilli, mint are optional.
- To give a different taste I tempered it in 1tsp oil with 1 tsp rye & a pinch of red chilli powder.
- You can make this Buttermilk alternatively tempering or by adding green chilli & mint . Do enjoy this healthy drink.
- It’s quite filling too.