1 hrs 20 mins
This awesome dabeli is a mumbai street food also popular in gujarat.
Do enjoy the recipe & dish too.
for the potato filling
- 3 medium sized potatoes – boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 small onion – finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon dabeli masala
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- ½ teaspoon cumin (jeera)
- 2 tablespoon tamarind dates chutney
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon water (optional)
- 4 to 5 buns or pav sliced and lightly roasted in some butter or oil
- ½ cup roasted peanuts (bhuni moongphali)
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup nylon sev
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- garlic chutney as required
- sweet tamarind dates chutney as required
preparing the potato stuffing:
boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker
peel and mash them and keep aside.
in a pan or kadai, heat oil. add cumin.
then add chopped onion and fry the onions till they become soft.
add asafoetida/hing and fry for a minute on a low flame.
add the sweet tamarind dates chutney to the onions and mix well.
add the mashed potatoes and again mix well.
add the spices1tsp each red chilli powder, amchoor powder, Salt to taste.
cook for 2-3 minutes stirring the mixture.
if the mixture looks a little dry then add 1 or 2 tbsp oil
keep the potato stuffing aside. Shallow fry them by making tikkis to keep in the pav.
serving the dabeli:
assemble all the ingredients mentioned under serving in one place.
apply the sweet chutney on one slice of the bun and the red garlic chutney on the other side.
take 1tikki & place on it.
add some chopped onion
top it up with some roasted peanuts and pomegranate seeds.
lastly top it with sev.
cover with the other slice of bread.
prepare the remaining dabeli pav in the same way and serve dabeli warm.
Fry some thick sabudana ,you can serve that also,it’s optional.Just enjoy